(HOKAY- So whoever did this before me filled out a little bio for each character. I’m going to do…something like that, so things make more sense…hopefully?)
Choose twelve of your original characters in any particular order (NO PEEKING AT THE QUESTIONS AT THIS STAGE!). Then, answer the questions that follow:
1. Dalen: Half-demon that was heir to the throne until his father (who was about to become king) was killed; he fled for his life, met Sophie, and lots of crazy shit happens. He’s an over-protective dick.
2. Sophie: The blandest of the bland characters. I really don’t like her. She’s human, but there’s a whole be sha-peal about how she’s a ‘new’ soul that I don’t really feel like getting it. But, just know that it makes her speh-shul.
3. Ila: Dalen’s daddy! He’s awshum. He’s a full demon, oldest son out of a total of eight kids, and is heir to the throne. He’s a touch rough around the edges but a good guy anywizzy. He does a lot of things just because it’s the right thing to do, which makes him highly unpopular with his brothers.
4. Bathl: He’s a loveable sweetheart Jhen who can’t quite control his powers really well (but, later on it’s revealed that he’s Gifted in other senses, so it all works out). He was thrown into this mess because his dad, who was supposed to be guarding Dalen, instead decided to try to help Ila when he was being attacked, and so, Bathl was sent to take care of Dalen. They’re best fwends. Also, Bathl is obscenely laid-back.
5. Bartholomew: Bathl’s daddoo! He works for Ila, and took care of Dalen’s mom until she died, and then took care of Dalen. He’s much stricter than Bathl, and is constantly frustrated that Bathl can’t even make the simplest of spells work correctly.
6. Daniel: Very much in the same situation as Bathl, he’s a Jhen who had no luck at all with magic until he found out he was Gifted- in that he has dragons! Yeah! He’s very charming, has a sense of humor and is awshum. But not as awshum as Ila.
7. Heidi: Daniel’s friend. She’s human. And she’s very optimistic, cheerful, and is highly afraid of dragons, which makes it kinda hard for her and Daniel to hang out, since Daniel doesn’t like to leave his dragons. She’s getting over this though. She’s peppy.
8. Cosette: (Because I couldn’t resist giving background info on her). Cosette is scary as FUCK. Like, I’d kill myself if I ever saw her just so I knew I died quickly. She looks like a little girl, but she’s…older that dirt, basically. She lives in James Forrest, with a wardrobe where she keeps her ‘family.’ She likes to find other people in the forest and ‘play’ with them- meaning, she sets Jetta on them or puts them in the wardrobe to see ‘Mother.’ I don’t know what Mother is yet, but I know this: you don’t want to meet her.
9. Jetta: (Again, just because I can’t resist the background info part). Jetta was, at one point, human. She died, and her hubby, a Jhen, was so distraught over her death he tried to bring her back. Long story short, it didn’t go so well, and she came back as a demonic woman thing that attacks and kills just because she sees something alive. Cosette found her at some point, and decided to keep her. Cosette was the one who named her Jetta. I dunno what her name was before that, and Jetta certainly can’t tell you because Mother ripped out half of her tongue.
10. Oreon: A vampire. He’s probably the only vampire that remembers how they all came into being (really, if you’ve been alive that long, you start forgetting a lot of things) because he’s been documenting everything for the last two thousand years or so. He’s…bland. A very nice guy, but…bland.
11. Jin: He’s a vaaaampire too. He has much more personality than Oreon, thank god. He’s very proper, but he can be very vengeful. And he’s overprotective, too. He tried to kill Dalen once because Dalen hit on Sophie. And then Sophie was like, “GTFO.” And he did, because he’s a gentleman.
12. Emily: Eh, I don’t want to include Emily, but I guess I have to. She’s an elf. She’s a twin. She’s really aggressive, and can fight like a motherfucker. She also has magical abilities, and for some reason, she has Bathl teaching her how to use them, which is not the smartes thing at all. Big lapse of judgement on her part.
#2. Do you think 2 (Sophie) is hot? How hot?
She’s somewhat attractive, but…she’s so fucking dull. Still, everyone wants to protect her and all that nonsense.
#3. 12 (Emily) sends 8 (Cosette) out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed?
To get the fuck away from her. And no, it doesn’t. Cosette simply stands there, smiling until Jetta comes running up at rips Emily to pieces.
#4. What is or would be 9’s (Jetta) favorite book?
…One she can eat?
#5. Would it make more sense for 2 (Sophie) to swear fealty to 6 (Daniel), or the other way around?
Ummm… Actually, it would be more of the other way around.
#6. For some reason, 5 (Bartholomew) is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he share a studio apartment with 9 (Jetta) or with 10 (Oreon)?
OREON. No one shares ANYTHING with Jetta. Except for Cosette.
#7. 2 (Sophie), 7 (Heidi), and 12 (Emily) have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Sophie and Heidi would probably be happy at an Italian restaurant; Emily would grumpily agree to go. At first, it would only be Sophie and Heidi talking about silly girl things (clothes, make-up, all that lame stuff), but at the mention of boys, they all would start gossiping about their boyf’s.
#8. 3 (Ila) challenges 10 (Oreon) to a duel. What happens?
Oreon would refuse. If Ila continued to mock him about it, Oreon would kill him before Ila had a chance to draw his sword. But, Ila wouldn’t mock him. So, they would just part ways, I guess.
#9. If 1 Dalen) stole 8’s (Cosette) most precious possession, how would she/he get it back?
…I can’t decide if her most precious possession is Jetta or her wardrobe. Either way, Cosette would flip a fucking shit, and send EVERYTHING in James Forrest after Dalen. Dalen wouldn’t stand a chance; in fact, if it was Jetta he’d stolen, she’d probably kill him before Cosette ever got a chance.
#10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 (Heidi) and 12 (Emily) both attain what they most desire.
On Love and Magic
#11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 (Bathl) and 1 (Dalen) to work together?
Well. I suppose it would go something like this:
Dalen is the son of first in line to the throne. His grandmother, the queen, dies. His uncle, who is just a year younger than his father, attack’s Dalen’s father, killing him. Bathl’s father witnesses this, and joins the fight, sending Bathl to get Dalen out of the castle, and out of harm’s way. Bathl does this, and they continue traveling together forever.
OH WAIT. THIS DOES HAPPEN.
#12. If 7 (Heidi) visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
All right I guess. I’m easy going. But, for my sanity, I might slip her sleeping pills when she gets too energetic.
#13. If you could command 3 (Ila) to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
…To…uh…. I dunno. Be my friend?
#14. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11 (Jin)?
No. I do though.
#15. If 2 (Sophie) had to choose sides between 4 (Bathl) and 5 (Bartholomew), which would it be?
Bathl, because they’re buds. But, she would whole-heartedly respect his daddy.
#16. What might 10 (Oreon) shout while charging into battle?
…But he wouldn’t charge into battle.
#17. If you chose a song to represent 8 (Cosette), which song would you choose?
Ugh….Tourniquet by Marilyn Manson, I think. It’s the best I can come up with.
#18. 1 (Dalen), 6 (Daniel), and 12 (Emily) are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
Emily. She will threaten to fight them all for it, and she means it.
#19. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 (Sophie) to use on 10 (Oreon)?
“You’re such the perfect gentleman. I like that.”
#20. What would 5 (Bartholomew) most likely be arrested for?
#21. What is 6’s (Daniel) secret?
He really actually misses his family a lot.
#22. If 11 (Jin) and 9 (Jetta) were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
They would never get there. Jetta would attack Jin right at the start, and without Cosette to stop the fighting, they would fight without end for YEARS. Or until Jin kills her.
#23. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 (Heidi) or 8 (Cosette)?
Heidi. She’s in no way useful, but at least I know she won’t try to ‘play’ with me.
#24. 1 (Dalen) and 9 (Jetta) reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4’s (Bathl) sinister secret organization. 11 (Jin) volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that she is actually a spy for 4 (Bathl). Meanwhile, 4 (Bathl) has kidnapped 12 (Emily) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5 (Bartholomew), they seek out 3 (Ila), who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
The Absolutely Absurd Fanfiction of Epic Proportions