First, select your ten fictional characters (from any medium) by whichever method you like best. Then answer the questions below.
I’m trying to keep them all from the same…timeline in the story, and I really only have nine without dipping into the creepy character (plus, I’m tired of using Cosette. Her repsonse to everything is aaaaalways the same. So, number ten is the only one that’s kinda…odd.
1. Divide the list up by even and odd. Which group of five would make a better Five Man Band (like a Power Rangers team)? Who would you slot in each position: Leader, Lancer (second-in-command), Big Guy, Smart Guy, The Chick? If you think the team would be improved by swapping one character between the even and odd groups, which ones would you switch?
Group A: Dalen, Bathl, Emily, Heidi, Oreon
Group B: Sophie, Daniel, Andy, Jin, Anet
Lancer: Emily (oh, the arguments she and Dalen will have…)
Big Guy: Bathl (though, he isn’t BIG. He’s tallest, but…possibly the least intimidating, next to Heidi)
Smart Guy: Oreon. He is a smart guy (also, this makes me think of that show from the 90’s)
Chick: Heidi. The useless female.
Big Guy: Andy (which is silly, because he’s tiny)
Smart Guy: Anet (is a GIRL, by the way)
Oh gosh. This is so hard to fully answer. The better team? Group A does have Dalen and Emily (who are EXCELLENT fighters), and Oreon is super smart, but Bathl, as hard as he tries, he just isn’t much help. And Heidi is just a little spitfire. Group B, on the other hand, has four great fighters (well, Daniel is okay, but he has dragons. DRAGONS. How do you compete with that?) But, I don’t think they’d work well together, since Andy has absolutely zero trust in Jin, Anet is wary of dragons, and Sophie can’t do anything useful. Ever. So… I guess Group A would be better.
I don’t think they can be improved. But, to keep Daniel and Dalen happy, I could switch the two chicks.
2. Gender-swap 2, 8 & 10. Which character would have the most change in their story arc? Which the least? Would any of these characters have to have a complete personality change to be believable as the opposite sex?
(Sophie, Jin and Anet)
Sophie, by far, because she’s just a useless female. She wouldn’t have Dalen constantly taking care of her- she probably would never have even been roped into the story at all if she were a dude.
The least change in their story would be Jin. He’s a vampire. I don’t think it matters if he’s male or female.
And Sophie would have to change her personality completely to be believable as a man. God do I hate her.
3. Compare the matchups of 1 & 8 and 5 & 9. (Ignore canon sexual preferences for the moment.) Which couple would be more compatible? Which couple would be more plausible to people from either principal's home culture?
(Dalen and Jin, Emily and Oreon)
Emily and Oreon are more compatible by a LONG SHOT. Dalen and Jin hate each other with such a passion. And neither would be plausible. Both Jin and Oreon are vampires. Like…who would be accepting of that? No one, that’s who.
4. Your team is 3, 4 & 9. The mission consists of a social challenge, a mental challenge and a physical challenge. Which team member do you assign to each challenge?
(Bathl, Daniel and Oreon)
Oreon would have the mental challenge, seeing as he is the smartest.
Now….it’s tricky for the social and physical. Both Bathl and Daniel have great people skills, so they’d be pretty good for the social challenge. Also, both aren’t the greatest fighters. They do what they can, but neither really…fight much. Bathl has (lamesauce) powers he can use, and Daniel has dragons. They don’t really need to be at peak phsyical condition.
I guess…I’d have Bathl be up for the social challenge and Daniel for the physical challenge.
5. 7 becomes 1's boss for a week in some plausible fashion. How's their working relationship?
(Heidi and Dalen)
Oh god. Dalen would be ready to slit her throat.
6. 2 finds him/her/itself inserted into 6's continuity. As far as anyone other than 2 or 6 is concerned, they've always been there. What role would 2 be presumed to have had in 6's story, and could they fit in without going wonky?
(Sophie and Andy)
Well…they’re in the same story anyway. Uhhh…I’m going to pretend this is asking how Sophie would be if she was from the same place as Andy. And that would be…boring. She’d probably just live the life of an elf extremely boringly, though happily.
7. 3 and 5 get three wishes. The catch is that they have to agree on all three wishes before they get the benefits of any of them. What three wishes would they make?
(Bathl and Emily)
This…could go oddly. Bathl’s first idea for a wish would be that the two of them could live happily together, settled down and such. Emily would HATE that idea (at least, Bathl’s idea of settling down). I suppose they’d compromise in wishing that all the nonsense that goes on that puts them all in danger would stop, thus giving them the opportunity to think about settling down.
Wish number two…Emily would want Andy to be alive again. Bathl, being the sweetie that he is, would fully agree to that.
Bathl wouldn’t really want anything else, so he’d tell Emily she could wish for whatever she wanted. Emily would then wish for full control over her powers.
8. 1 and 2 are brainwashed by a one-time artifact that works even on people immune to mind control to attack and kill 4. They keep their normal personality, skills and competence level, except any Code vs. Killing has been turned off. Can 4 survive? How?
(Dalen, Sophie and Daniel)
Daniel is so dead. He is so very, very dead. And it would be all because of Sophie, surprisingly. She’d probably just talk to him as sweetly as she normally does, and then Dalen would come up from behind and stab him in the back, literally. And then Daniel’s dragons would come down and kill Dalen and Sophie. So…they all die.
9. 6, 7, 9 & 10 must help an orphanage full of small and depressed children have a merry Christmas. Who does what, knowing that at the very least the kids will be expecting a visit from Santa?
(Andy, Heidi, Oreon and Anet)
Heidi and Anet would be very into this. They would plan for extravagant decorations, very merry music, all kinds of cookies and pies would be served, a delicious meal…. They’d probably convince Oreon to dress up as Santa, and would try to make Andy dress up as a Christmas elf. He’d be confused by the term, and once it’s explained, he would storm away from them cursing.
10. 3 and 8 are challenged to circumnavigate the Earth in eighty days or less, using only forms of transportation invented before 1900. Can they do it, or will they be fatally distracted by sidequests or their own personality conflicts?
(Bathl and Jin)
…Bathl would cheat with magic. Jin would get bored halfway there (somewhere around